Salary Band: £57,986 - £70,555 per annum
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: 03 April 2020
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
JMA is going through an exciting stage in its development and we are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational Vice Principal to join our improving school. The last two years has seen JMA go through a great many changes with significant improvements. During this time we have seen improvements in our GCSE results and for A level we are one of the most improved providers in Berkshire. At A level there was a significant increase in top grades. We received more A and B grades than ever before and almost every student gained their first choice place at university. At GCSE, our Progress 8 score in a number of subjects has risen and overall has been on an upward trajectory over the past 3 years. Our most recent Ofsted reports recognised the many strengths of our rapidly improving school; however as an RI school we still have a long way to go to achieve our aim.
Whilst we are proud of our improved results, the school is about much more than examination outcomes. We are committed to ensuring the students are challenged to be the best they can be in a nurturing environment designed to develop well-rounded, highly-skilled, confident young people. Students are given a broad range of activities which increase the students’ cultural capital, broaden horizons and firmly teach them the difference between right and wrong. Our simple aim is to ensure our students are able to make a real difference to society when it is their time to leave.
We recognise that staff are the most valuable resource and at JMA we have a nurturing approach to professional development. We have a thorough programme of professional development catering for staff at all stages of their career. We believe that it is our duty to ensure staff are supported to deliver the core business of high quality learning and teaching, whilst at the same time given encouragement and guidance on the next steps of their career. We are proud of our community and the ‘coaching’ culture.
Ultimately, we are, unashamedly, a caring school: the staff care for the students and similarly, staff care for each other to ensure everyone feels supported and valued.
This leadership position open to dynamic, inspiring, and outstanding senior leaders who have a proven track record of delivering outstanding achievement and an ability to transform the quality of outcomes and standards across the whole school. The role requires strategic thinking and an ability to lead from the front whilst offering challenge and support to all stakeholders. The Senior Leadership Team is an established one, with a range of skills and this is an opportunity for the successful applicant to lead the continued developments as the school realises its aim of becoming the best in the country. We welcome potential applicants to come and see us in action. We are open to visitors every day!
We want to recruit a fantastic Educational Leader to join our dedicated, dynamic leadership team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is passionate about teaching and learning and dedicated to improving student life chances.
You will be someone who has
- A desire and the resilience to ensure the rapid improvements are leading to an outstanding school within 5 years
- Leadership and readiness to assume responsibility for significant areas of the school
- Outstanding teaching practice with a passion to help all young people to be the best that they can be
- Personal drive, determination and the ability to form effective working relationships that are conductive to a productive and positive atmosphere
- A solution focused, self- motivated and determined leader who is proactive and believes that education has the power to transform children’s lives
- Belief in the merits of a research-driven profession and ensures they read widely to remain well informed of policy and practice
- Work collaboratively with The White Horse Federation
The successful candidate will be
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with the highest expectations in your own classroom.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Setting high expectations and will be committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
More detail can be found in the supporting job description attached. Visits to the school are most welcome, please contact the school on 0118-937-0200 to book an appointment.
Please ensure that you read through all of the attached documents for further information about the role, Academy, The White Horse Federation and the benefits of working for us.
John Madejski Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.