The Mead Education Trust is now recruiting to the role of Vice Principal responsible for Curriculum, Teaching and Learning.
Two positions are available which will be based at either Castle Mead Academy or Kibworth Mead Academy. This could be the ideal next step in your career to be part of something exciting in either of these two schools.
If you are ambitious, persistent and open-minded, with a genuine passion for learning and young people, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for a leader who:
• is driven by their values to develop a powerful educational offer;
• understands that pastoral care is all of our responsibilities;
• knows we must have sky-high expectations of all;
• sees the link between a beautiful curriculum and pupil outcomes;
• is passionate about equality and powerful knowledge for all;
• believes in growing expert teachers;
• wants to work in a collegiate way, tapping into the expertise across our Trust.
Yes, we seek someone who has a genuine moral purpose and belief that everyone is capable of excellence. We seek a colleague to join us with strategic and creative leadership to bring a no excuses approach to ensure every child has the very best offer that they deserve.
We know that carefully considering the way we do things and how this impacts on our school culture is of paramount importance.
Salary & Benefits
Leadership Scale: L16-L22 (Final salary and range dependent on the experience of the successful candidate)
Access to Teachers' Pension Scheme
Excellent opportunities for professional development
Who we are looking for
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, knowledgeable and innovative Vice Principal to join the Senior Leadership Team. The Vice Principal plays a key role in supporting the Principal to drive our academies forward and transform the life chances of young people. This is an important mission and you would be joining us at an exciting time in our journey, working as part of a growing Trust. Specific responsibilities are outlined in the Job Description. Our new Vice Principals will have a proven track record of success in their current post and will have:
• significant leadership experience and impact
• alignment to our missions and values, and an understanding of knowledge-rich curriculum, Trust wide working, Warm: Strict methodology, direction instruction and responsive teaching
• personal presence and integrity
• excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• ability to support and challenge colleagues to deliver high quality outcomes moral purpose and commitment to the welfare and achievement of all learners
The Mead Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.