Start Date: January 2021
The Governors of this well-established caring Roman Catholic school are seeking to appoint an exceptional, energetic and ambitious Vice Principal/Assistant Headteacher who will be a key member of a well-established School Leadership Team. This is a key leadership post within the school with critical importance in developing excellent teaching and learning to secure good outcomes for all our students. The successful candidate will work with members of the SLT under the direction of the Principal. The focus of the post-holder will be to be responsible for Progress and for the strategic development of Teaching and Learning across the whole school.
• Raising standards and achievement through excellence in Teaching & Learning
• Raising standards and achievement through Staff Development and Training
• Evaluating teaching and learning through monitoring of pupils’ work, lesson visits, conversations with pupils and study period
• Monitoring pupil progress
• Leading on, liaising with others and evaluating interventions and ‘catch up’ as a result of school closures
• School evaluation including liaison with curriculum leaders and others and the development of the school self-evaluation document
We welcome applications from talented leaders looking to extend their experience and from ambitious middle leaders seeking their first senior leadership post. You will be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and will have the ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers. As an outstanding teacher and leader with demonstrable leadership experience, you will make a significant contribution to the leadership and success of our school. The role requires strategic thinking, excellent communication skills and an ability to lead and to motivate staff and students.
You will have:
• Experience of effective management of a high-achieving faculty or other team
• Experience of sustained delivery of outstanding attainment and achievement
• A proven track record in leadership
• Relevant skills to raise standards
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of improving teaching and learning
• Ability to identify teaching and learning priorities and to deliver effective CPD for school staff
• Experience in line management of teams
As a member of the school and of the senior leadership team, you will take a leading role in supporting the governors and other leaders to sustain and to develop the school’s ethos to provide a rigorous and broad education within the context of a Christian environment. You will play a full part in the life of the school community, support its aims and ethos and encourage other staff and students to follow this example.
We expect all staff to contribute to the Christian ethos which is the cornerstone of St Peter’s.
For further information, please download an Application pack.
If you consider St Peter’s to be the right school for you, we would very much welcome your application.
Please send your completed Application Form and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page.
St Peter’s RC High School and Sixth Form is committed to equal opportunities and to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.