Hours: 25 hours per week | Term Time + 1 week
Start Date: Autumn Term 2020
Salary: Grade 3, Points 5-6 (actual salary £10,909 - £11,377 per annum)
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and organised technician to work within our music and drama departments. This role will involve ensuring facilities are set up to ensure the successful delivery of lessons. This includes providing technical support to staff and students, preparing equipment and materials to support the running of lessons or productions and supporting lessons where required.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about the arts and is dedicated to providing a high level of service to staff and students. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and will show flexibility, reliability and have excellent technical knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good working knowledge of performing arts, its equipment and its use / maintenance.
- Knowledge sufficient to understand the school’s curriculum requirements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with staff and pupils
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Sunday 31st May 2020, 11:59pm
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.