Volunteers Required for the ACE Hub at Judgemeadow Community College
Are you a retired person or someone with some weekly spare time, whether it be 1 hour or several a week, who is looking to support and wishes to offer help to individual youngsters and small groups at Judgemeadow Community College. You will help build the confidence of these youngsters through communication and engaging with the individuals, sharing valuable knowledge in the following areas:
- General gardening / plants knowledge / skills essential to growing vegetables and flowers.
- Basic woodwork/woodworking skills to create bird boxes, tables and to bring new ideas for students to get involved in.
- Basic DIY skills
- Health and Beauty
- Animal care and the development of this area.
- Keen interest in ‘upcycling’
- Health and safety awareness during activities.
If you feel you can be part of teaching important life lessons that will help them succeed beyond just school, then please get in touch for us to show you around the Ace Hub and this exciting venture.
Please contact Neil Lewis or Jas Kang in the first instance at Judgemeadow Community College on O116 241 1920
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.