We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and confident Work Based Learning Manager to take ownership of our Engineering and Science apprenticeship programmes. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis at our Cambridge Campus and in return you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £40,344 per annum, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from as our WBL Manager – Engineering and Science, include:
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities
About our WBL Manager – Engineering and Science role:
Reporting into the Head of Department, you’ll take ownership of our Engineering & Science apprenticeship programmes, ensuring the high levels of success we have are grown further.
Our WBL Manager will have various responsibilities, including:
- Manage, develop and grow apprenticeships and other workplace learning to meet employer and learner needs
- In charge of the day to day delivery of a range of WBL programmes
- A proactive line manager and role model for staff; responsible for assessors who deliver programmes, ensuring high quality provision
- Responsible for the achievement of targets including overall and timely success rates and number of starts
- Ensure programme planning, off the job training compliance, and manage assessor caseloads
- Manage a budget.
What we are looking for in our ideal Work Based Learning Manager – Engineering and Science:
- Relevant qualifications at level 3 or above, plus level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assistance of Assessment Processes and Practice (or prepared to work towards)
- A1 assessor qualification / TAQA and V1 Internal Verification qualification
- Teaching / Assessing experience in a relevant curriculum area
- Evidence of successful programme, curriculum and resource management
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a large staff team. Benefit if have relating Management qualifications
- Able to analyse data and provide performance reports
- Willing to work flexibly and able to travel independently for business purposes
- Knowledge of relevant Awarding Organisation requirements as well as of apprenticeship funding and contractual requirements. Plus, familiar with best practice in Health & Safety
- Good communication and IT skills
- A team player who can also lead; with drive, enthusiasm and inclusive outlook.
Please see Job Description for more information.
If you would like to be part of our valued team and believe you have the skills and experience needed to take ownership of our apprenticeship programmes in Engineering and Science, please apply online today for our WBL Manager – Engineering and Science job.
Closing Date currently: 9th March 2021.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.