We would like two fantastic practitioners – one L2 and one L3, both permanent posts – to join the team in helping us to set up the brand new Communication, Interaction and Assessment DSP in our Infant and Nursery School, opening in April 2020.
This is a very exciting next step in our work as a school that is already fully committed to inclusion, and you would be joining a very skilled and successful professional team working across the school.
What are we looking for?
Both posts are ideal for someone who is creative and enjoys problem-solving, who is full of good humour and who is - above all - keen to explore a very rewarding role as part of our friendly and supportive whole school team.
You will need to have successful, recent experience in working with children with additional and complex needs.
Please see the job description to see the distinction between the two roles we're seeking to fill.
What can we offer?
A very happy school where you'll have the chance to work with skilled, positive and supportive colleagues and with children and families from the rich and vibrant community at the heart of Leicester's West End. We have brilliant and very supportive parents and governors, and a great team working really well across the whole school.
This is what the children say about King Richards:
"Our school is exciting... Learning here is really fun because you get better and better at it. Being at our school feels good – you get to do all sorts of things. The building is colourful and cool."
"If you need help with something that you can’t do, just ask someone 'can you please help me?' And they’ll help you straight away so you can say thank you... However you feel, there will be someone to help you."
And when we asked our parents and carers last week about what the school could do to be 'even better', 64% of them said 'nothing'! (and the other 36% had some really good ideas for little changes we could try).
If you’d like to know more about us and about this role - we’d love you to get in touch.
Visits to the school are very welcome. Please telephone the school to make an appointment and do have a look at the school website to get an idea of how lovely our school is!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.