Web and Systems Developer
£33,233 - £36,170
Full-Time, initially Fixed Term until September
This position plays a key role in creating, maintaining and managing our College web based systems.
We need an (ideally immediately available), colleague keen to use their initiative to identify and develop opportunities to use new, existing and emerging technologies. Experienced and proficient with Kentico CMS Development and Craft CMS, you’ll support the ongoing redesign and development of our website. Working alongside our friendly Marketing team you’ll work to assist the College and its learners to maximize the potential of our systems
In this role you’ll:
• Manage and maintain the College website, continually developing, monitoring and improving the CMS to provide the functionality required to fulfil marketing requirements,
• Assist with training and support to Marketing colleagues on their use of web based systems, and
• Manage and develop SharePoint farms, contributing to document migration and developing new and improved Communication Sites for staff and student collaboration.
Qualification and experience required:
• Successful Craft and Kentico CMS competence and experience
• Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent) or the commitment to gaining within 24 month
• Relevant industry experience with the ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of web/smart application development
• Communication skills with the ability to relay information in an accessible way
About Swindon College
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the opportunities for our learners and staff cohort. It’s a great time to join us!
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video. We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require working from home.
Working from home we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
• Training and development support in your role
Closing date: 5th June 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community