WEEKEND POOL TECHNICIAN
Saturday and Sunday, 07.30 - 08.30 and returning later after the last hire at approx. 18.00-19.00
£20 per hour with possible further work as a lifeguard (£10 per hour) when qualified.
We are happy to employ a number of people to perform this role
so that the weekend cover can be on a rotational basis.
St Stephen’s C of E Primary School is a one form entry school based in South Godstone. We are part of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi Academy Trust. Our school is set in beautiful surroundings and we have fantastic facilities including adventure trails, Forest School, vast playing fields and an indoor heated swimming pool. We are passionate about staff development and offer a variety of opportunities to promote and support continuing professional development.
We are looking for a conscientious and organised Weekend Pool Technician who will ensure that the swimming pool water, enclosure and surrounding garden is clean and safe for all users.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Perform the relevant swimming pool water tests
• Record and understand the results
• Maintain the chemical balance for the pool
• Ensure safe storage, handling and use of all chemicals and equipment
• Maintain the cleanliness of the pool itself
• Maintain the pool enclosure, pool surround, changing rooms and toilets
• Maintain the garden area
Our ideal applicant will be:
• An excellent verbal and written communicator
• Punctual, dependable and trustworthy
• Conscientious and very organised
• Welcoming and cheerful
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.