7.5 hours per week (12:00pm - 1:30pm Monday to Friday) , term-time only (plus Inset)
Cidari Education and the Governing Body of St Barnabas Church of England Primary Academy are seeking to recruit a Welfare Assistant to supervise pupils in the dining hall, playground and classrooms. Previous experience would be a distinct advantage and duties include supervision whilst the children are eating, ensuring the maintenance of good order and discipline through positive behaviour management. You must also be able to deal with minor first aid, have the highest expectations of pupils and have the ability to meet the needs of our wonderful and energetic children.
Duties will include;
- Supervising children during mealtimes and on the playground
- Modelling and developing positive relationships with both adults and children
- Encouraging and supervising children in suitable playground activities
- Recording/monitoring behaviour at lunchtimes following the school's behaviour policy
- Using initiative to deal with accidents and incidents at lunchtime
- Helping to make our lunchtimes safe and happy for our children
- You must be able to deal with minor first aid
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Salary NJC Scale Point 3 £3,223 pro rata, per annum (Term Time Only Salary)
Advert End Date Wednesday 7th October at 5pm
Interview Date Thursday 15th October
Visits to the school prior to application are welcome. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Darwen, St Barnabas CofE Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.