Welfare Officer with Reception/Administrative Support
Hrs: 36 hours per week Term Time + 5 INSET days
Pay : L4 SCP 7-10 £17,943 - £18,992
Start Date: ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a primary school rated as OUTSTANDING by Ofsted. Montem is a warm and vibrant multi-cultural primary school based in Slough, with children who are eager and keen to learn and grow.
Our curriculum is both creative and academic, providing our pupils with a tailored education that meets all of their needs.
We provide all staff with extensive training and support through bespoke training programmes; staff development is a priority at Montem.
Our partnership with The Park Federation Academy Trust means there are opportunities for professional development opportunities that will further your own skills, knowledge and expertise.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual who:
- Can provide welfare and first aid support to pupils and staff
- Can maintain our database of children with on-going needs
- Can assist with care plans for pupils with specific and complex medical needs
- Has the ability to communicate orally and in writing in connection with the preparation of reports, weekly plans and daily records
- Has a good telephone manner and is able to deal sensitively with a range of children, parents and outside agencies.
- Has excellent IT and interpersonal skills
- Is able to maintain confidentiality
- Has previous school office experience including using SIMS. net (this would be an advantage but not essential)
- Is efficient and is able to work on their own initiative and under pressure
For the right candidate, we will offer:
- A positive and thriving school environment, a great team of staff and a commitment to continuing professional development.
- The opportunity to work with other professional colleagues across the Multi-Academy Trust; A welcoming school, with friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff team; an ambitious and dynamic Senior Leadership Team; a dedicated Governing Body;
- Supportive parents
We warmly welcome candidates coming to visit the school prior to application.
Closing date for applications: 1st November 2020
Interviews: w/c 2nd November 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Montem Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.