Preston Park are looking for an experienced and organised Welfare & Administration Assistant to join our inclusive and diverse school.
Preston Park is a thriving four/three form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston park we are proud to educate children from all over the world, bringing ‘one world under one roof’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park. We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners. Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area. Preston Park are looking to become a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths. Preston Park’s approach to learning is through a creative curriculum and the school has specialist teachers in Science, Music, Art and Modern Foreign Languages who provide PPA cover to our teachers.
We are looking for a committed and outstanding Welfare/Administration Assistant to provide health and first-aid provision for the students and staff at the school. The successful candidate would also be required to provide support to the school’s busy front office, when required. The successful candidate will act as the first point of call for all health and first aid provisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide emergency and routine first-aid treatment for students, staff and visitors
- Deal with emergency health related incidents and report them accordingly
- Administer prescribed medicines in line with parental consent and with the appropriate documentation completed
- Liaise with outside organisations regarding immunisations, dental inspections, etc therefore an ability to interact professionally on a number of levels is important.
- Undertake reporting of all treatment and visits to the welfare room, in line with the school’s and local authority reporting processes
- Provide support to the busy front office during the beginning of the school day and at any other times as necessary
- Undertaking typing, word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and other IT- based tasks.
- Administer payments for school trips, meals, clubs and other purchases on Parent pay
- Assist with arrangements for school trips and events
The Welfare/Administration Assistant role is varied and interesting. For further details, please refer to the Job Description.
We are looking for an individual who can share the founding vision and ethos for Preston Park, (please visit the school and look on the school’s website). The successful candidate must be excited by the chance to contribute to Preston Park Primary and be driven to do what it takes to succeed.
The individual should:
- Have a good knowledge of first aid procedures and hold a current valid first aid certificate.
- also have grade C or above GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Be educated to at least NVQ level 2 or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through experience.
- Be computer literate and able to operate a range of basic resources and equipment, including computers and photocopiers.
- Be able to absorb and understand a wide range of information and have the patience and ability to converse with parents and children whose first language is not English.
- Be able to work flexibly and part of a team.
Visits to the school are welcomed please call Jayashri Varsani at the school to arrange your visit. Please fill out Brent’s application form (CV’s are not accepted)
Salary Details: Scale 3 points 5-6 £18,795.00 - £19,171.00 plus London weighting £1925 paid pro rata, as you will be working term time only.
Actual Pro rata salary (including London Weighting): £15166.00 - £15441.00
Hours: 8:30 – 3:00pm (30 hours per week) – term time only
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th April 2019 @ 12:00 noon
Interview Date: Thursday 9th May 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Preston Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)