Wellbeing and Progress Officer for Years 7 and 10 - Required for Immediate start: : Fixed term 1 year until 31st August 2022 in the first instance - term time only
An opportunity has arisen to join this successful, thriving 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in which pupils have very positive attitudes towards their learning and are supported fully in all aspects of wellbeing. This is a relatively new position on our staffing structure; the successful candidate will work closely with the Directors of Wellbeing and wider teams within Years 7 and 10.
At Bassaleg we prioritise the development of outstanding learning and teaching alongside wellbeing; both lie at the very heart of our ethos. In an environment in which all members of the school community are cared for, valued and listened to, we support and challenge our students to aspire to be the very best that they can be; enabling them to be responsible, capable and ambitious citizens. We have the highest expectations of our pupils and staff; we are very proud of pupils’ attainment across all key stages and of the dynamic and supportive learning community we have created, as an ‘Innovation School’ for the new curriculum.
At an exciting time in Welsh Education, we pride ourselves on being able to provide an inspired, creative and ambitious curriculum for all of our learners. Anyone choosing to join our school community would be rewarded with extensive Professional Learning opportunities; our friendly team of highly skilled and enthusiastic staff are supported by motivated pupils and an active body of parents and Governors. 21st century schools’ money recently awarded to Bassaleg School will also result in significant improvement to our current facilities across a very large site in coming months; thus ensuring that our environment and resources fully reflect the innovation and creativity within our curriculum and dynamic pedagogical approaches.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate, who can, under the direction of the Assistant Headteacher, support the Year 7/10 wellbeing and curriculum team by encouraging and developing pupils’ personal and academic development in the following ways:
• Encouraging excellent practice in regard to punctuality, behaviour and academic progress displaying a commitment to the ethos of the school;
• Liaising with and supporting all relevant staff to ensure pupils are successful, confident and happy in all aspects of school life;
• Maintaining high standards of discipline in accordance with our Behaviour for Learning policy;
• Making use of a wide range of pedagogical methods, linking these with effective behaviour for learning strategies to meet the needs of all learners to support them in successfully moving through the progression step;
• Promoting and building an ethos of celebration and praise where pupils strive for success actively encouraging staff to promote rewards and achievements in their lessons and around school site;
• Encouraging groups of learners/challenging learners to commit to the development of new improved attitudes to learning via modelling & mentoring;
• Following safeguarding guidelines as directed by the Designated Safeguarding Person.
Please apply on line below and contact the Headteacher’s PA: Miss Amy Hortin should you have any questions about the post.
Bassaleg School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.