We are looking to recruit a Wellbeing Assistant (WBA) who will be able to organise and plan their own workload, working to deadlines, whilst also working under the guidance and supervision of the Inclusion Leader. The WBA will work alongside and support pupils (individuals and groups) with additional emotional, mental health and wellbeing needs, to help them fully access the teaching and learning. The successful applicant will undertake relevant in house and external training, including bereavement and mental health training and will be willing to support colleagues and pupils where appropriate. They will be expected to join our established Wellbeing Committee and actively promote wellbeing, positivity and mental health across the school.
Contract: Term time plus all INSET days
Hours: 33 hours per week
8:30 – 11:30 & 12:00 – 15:30 Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri
8:00 – 11:30 & 12:00 – 15:30 Thu
Westfield is a larger than average school, located in a quiet residential area, providing for pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. Ofsted recently judged the school as ‘Good’ and commented on the “caring and welcoming atmosphere” which “provides effectively for current pupils” (Ofsted, 2017). At Westfield we believe in a community that has a love of learning and a love of life. We aim to foster a sense of PRIDE in everything we do to make school an enjoyable experience and allow every child to achieve their maximum potential.
We are looking for somebody who:
• Enjoys working with children
• Has lots of patience and a calm demeanour, willing to work alongside children with challenging behaviour
• Is good at listening
• Is positive, smiley and happy to work as part of a team
• Is supportive of colleagues
• Is positive, forward thinking and willing to “go the extra mile”
• Is able to uphold the vision, values and behaviours of the school
• Is flexible and adaptable at short notice.
• Is competent in a range of IT tools
• Is fully compliant with confidentiality often associated with pupils who need this additional support (i.e. Child Protection & Early Help)
• Is able to speak with parents as the “first port of call” via the school gate/playground first thing in the morning and at home time
• Is able to sign post parents, with the support of the Inclusion Leader, to sources of additional support for families
• Is willing to attend weekly Early Help drop in sessions to assist the Inclusion Leader with sign posting or parental support
• Is able to facilitate additional Family Wellbeing Support Programmes under the direction of the Inclusion Leader
• Has a good level of general education (including Maths & English GCSE Grade A-C or 4+)
In return our wonderful school can offer:
• A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children.
• Cheerful and welcoming pupils who provide plenty of fun and laughs
• An encouraging and caring ethos
• Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Westfield Primary School is also committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: 2nd November 2020
Interviews: 9th November 2020 (in person, socially distanced in school)
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.