Grade 6, (£15,759- £17,747) (actual salary)
30 hours per week, term-time only plus 5 training days
Monday - Friday 8.30am to 3pm
Required to start September 2021
The Yorkshire and the Humber Co-operative Learning Trust (YHCLT) was formed in September 2016 and is now responsible for nine schools across Hull; two secondary and seven primary schools. We are committed to ensuring that all of our schools have access to high quality support services to underpin the excellent work our schools do in educating our pupils.
Kelvin Hall School is looking for a Wellbeing Co-ordinator to focus on low level and preventative mental health and wellbeing support to our students. Working alongside the Pastoral Team, you will plan and deliver appropriate strategies and approaches to support and assist students in achieving their identified goals. You will possess excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with pastoral staff, key agencies and alternative education providers in further supporting the needs and emotional wellbeing of our students. In addition, you will be required to support student supervision before school and at break and lunch times.
The successful candidate will have;
- An NVQ Level 4 qualification in mental health or relevant experience working with children and young people.
- GCSE Grade 4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- An understanding of the various barriers to learning, particularly mental health and wellbeing.
- Working knowledge of external agencies and support pathways
In addition the following personal qualities;
- The ability to work in a creative way, showing flexibility in unplanned situations
- An enjoyment of working with young people and an empathy for their needs and concerns.
- To be encouraging and motivating
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Paul Fraser via the School Office
Closing date: Friday 25th June, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on w/c Monday 28th June 2021
Please note we do not accept CVs - applications must be completed using our application form.
Please visit the YHCLT website to view our Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice, which explains how we collect, store and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school.
YHCLT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers as well as with the Disclosure and Barring Service.