Wellbeing Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week
Fixed Term for one academic year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Danemill Primary School in Leicester. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual.
• Minimum of 2 years of working with children in a learning environment or relevant NVQ qualification.
• Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with special educational needs.
• Have a level of numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths is desirable.
WHY CHOOSE US:
At Danemill we believe that a happy child is a child who will enjoy learning in a positive, inclusive and fun environment. Our aim is to ensure that each and every child fulfils their potential and is ready for the next stage in their education. Our key learning values are woven throughout our curriculum, curiosity, communication, reflection, resilience, motivation, creativity, collaboration and bravery.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
Closing date for applications is the 30 October 2020.
Interviews to be held 10 November 2020.
Enderby Danemill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).