Ely and Caerau Children’s Centre
Welsh Medium Nursery Teacher
Post Ref No: ED50055229
Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Full Time / Temporary (31st December 2021)
Start Date: 12th April 2021
An opportunity has arisen in the Welsh medium Nursery at the Ely and Caerau Integrated Children’s Centre for two terms from April 11th to December 31st 2021.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic practitioner who is committed to:
• Nurturing children in all areas of development;
• Providing a stimulating and challenging child centred environment for children;
• Multi-agency work to support families;
• Working to involve parents in their children’s development and well-being.
• An enthusiastic practitioner with recent experience in an early years setting?
• Fully committed to Foundation Phase pedagogy?
• Committed to team work?
• Interested in working in a new and progressive way?
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
The post is expected to commence in April 2021 for two terms. Applicants interested in a secondment should secure the support of their Headteacher prior to submitting an application.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to Ely and Caerau Children’s Centre for the attention of Carolyn Asante, Head of Centre by the closing date.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th February 2021 (12pm)
Interview date: Friday 12th February 2021 (TBC)
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.