Woodwind (Clarinet and Flute) Teacher
Start date: September
Closing date: Thursday 8th July
Future Academies, seeks an experienced, inspirational woodwind teacher to join one of our highly committed, experienced and supportive primary school. Millbank Academy is looking for a peripatetic woodwind teacher to teach half classes the clarinet and flute for 3 hours on a Tuesday afternoon. There may be an option for some small group instrumental teaching at Pimlico Academy also.
The position requires you to be self-employed and the hourly rate is £35 per hour.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and hardworking pupils
• High quality facilities with excellent resources
• A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach clarinet to groups of up to 15 beginner students
• Teach flute to groups of up to 15 students who have played for 1 year
• Teach the clarinet to a group of up to 10 students who have played for 1 year
• Potential for more small group instrumental flute and clarinet teaching at Pimlico Academy (secondary school) too
• Attend September INSET day
• Prepare students for performances and examinations
• Contact parents to discuss attendance and progress of students
• Be in contact with Head of Music at Pimlico Academy to help prepare students for Cross-Trust performances
• Write a report on student progress in the summer term to be sent to parents
• Act in a professional manner
The right person for the job will be:
• Committed to music education
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Can develop appropriate musical resources for students
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to work within a team
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
To apply please complete the online application form on Eteach, alternatively if this role is not for you please browse our list of vacancies on Eteach and our Future Academies website.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview where they will be expected to teach a short lesson to a group of students.
Pimlico Academy, Lupus Street London SW1V 3AT
Pimlico Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.