The Work Based Tutor will train apprentices across a wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviors to enable them to pass the End Point Assessment. The tutor will develop and deliver highly inspirational teaching and training resources and will be expected to facilitate a structured learning programme, providing feedback during formative assessment periods. Using an e-portfolio system, the tutor will evidence and review progress to date across all aspects of the Apprenticeship. For some apprentices, there is an expectation that the tutor will support the development of maths and English.
Must have own transport.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
1. To support learners on apprenticeship programmes to successfully develop and evidence skills and competence in their roles
2. Conduct initial and diagnostic assessment activities and recruit with integrity
3. Ensure all teaching, learning and assessment adheres to quality assurance processes
4. Participate in and support an inspirational learner induction
5. Manage learners through the initial six weeks period and confirm or redirect to appropriate qualifications
6. Undertake individual reviews, embracing and completing all aspects of the E-Portfolio system including the individual learning plan (ILP) providing SMART targets for learners, which promote learner advancement and success
7. Monitor any risk status of learners, apply and record interventions as appropriate
8. Continually review the learners’ progress in liaison with employers
9. Monitor caseload performance and action concerns through appropriate channels including regular attendance at performance boards
10. Carry out regular learner reviews every 10-12 weeks (more frequent within the induction phase) in liaison with the employer
11. Recruit learners onto programmes to maximize caseloads through new business activity and effective maintenance of current relationships
12. Ensure the employers fully understand the training programmes and their role and responsibilities
13. Deliver training and formative assessments on aspects of the Standards to meet the needs of employers and learners and to the standard of awarding bodies
14. Manage the behaviour and discipline of students, including timekeeping and attendance
15. Develop resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
16. Ensure effective use of the OneFile e-portfolio to track and complete tasks and off the job requirements
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.