x2 SEND/Inclusion Learning Support Assistant Vacancies: Fixed Term Contract - 12.5 hours per week
St Denys C of E Infant School is seeking to appoint x2 SEND/Inclusion LSAs to work in our newly formed SEND/Inclusion Team
The position will commence in the Autumn Term 2022.
Contract: 12.5 hours per week, fixed term
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 12.45pm - 3.15pm
Applications Close: Friday 19th August 2022
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 29th August 2022
St Denys is committed to ensuring that all children have access to a varied, challenging and inspiring education. We are always seeking new ways for our children to be successful and to thrive. We are a caring school, where pupils, staff and parents/carers are valued. The school was awarded an Ofsted ‘Good’ Rating in October 2019.
"Pupils are happy and are kept safe at this inclusive school. The school’s ethos of, ‘each one of us is different, each one of us is special’, is evident. Pupils describe their school as, ‘fantastic, amazing and glorious!" Ofsted 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for x2 SEND/Inclusion LSAs to support teaching and learning at St Denys C of E Infant School in Ibstock. This role is varied, and we are looking for two adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals to join our newly formed SEND/Inclusion Team.
An SEND/Inclusion LSA will work under the direct supervision of the SENDCo/Inclusion Leader to provide support for SEN and other identified pupils to enable them to access the school curriculum and engage in all aspects of school life, in accordance with school policies and procedures. This may include supporting individuals or small groups of designated pupils, including in a whole class setting.
The SEND/Inclusion LSAs will form part of a larger SEND/Inclusion team at St Denys. The post holders will provide additional support to pupil’s with SEND funding. Post holders will not necessarily be allocated a named pupil to work with 1:1, rather they will work flexibly under the direction of the Inclusion Leader/SENDCo to provide SEND support for pupils as identified.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Happy, friendly, enthusiastic, and well-behaved children who are keen to learn and like a challenge
- A hard-working Staff who are committed to putting the children at the heart of all we do.
- A learning environment that is a calm and happy place to learn and work. We also offer a commitment to professional development
- A committed and energetic Governing Body who will wholeheartedly support you in your new role and professional journey at St Denys
- An active Parents and Friends Association who contribute positively to the school community
- Well established and effective collaborative working with the Local Authority, the Diocese of Leicester and the Development Group 24, the local group of schools.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL :
- Have NVQ 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent OR be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
- Have Level 2 qualifications in maths/numeracy and English/literacy
- Have experience of supporting teaching and learning in a formal educational setting
- Have experience of working with SEND children
- Have a proven ability to work on their own initiative and effectively as part of a team.
- Be good at communicating with children, their parents and carers, teachers and other adults in school.
- Be knowledgeable of important procedures such as Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Be willing and happy to contribute to our positive and welcoming Church School ethos
- Have the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Have a real commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
St Denys C of E Infant School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its pupils. Appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and Identity check. References need to include your most recent employer and will be requested prior to Interview. We are committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services.