Glyncoed Primary School,
Post Ref: ED50195026/ED50158820/ED50190927
x3 Temporary Level 1 Teaching Assistants for KS2
Full Time Level 1 - Grade 3 (SCP 3-6 £18,562-£19,698)
Term time only 39 weeks a year
(pro rata to include INSET Days)
Starting Date – 4th January 2021 or soon after
The Head teacher and Governing Body of Glyncoed Primary School wish to appoint three outstanding and committed Level 1 teaching assistants, with excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills, to support teaching and learning in the KS2.
Duties will include:
• working under the direction of teachers to support access to learning for pupils
• establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
• assisting the pupils in developing a Growth Mindset;
• encouraging pupils to act independently
• supervising and supporting pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning;
• encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
• assisting with the preparation of teaching materials and resources
In return we offer the opportunity to work with:
• hard working pupils who love learning;
• talented, motivated and conscientious teachers and teaching assistants;
• supportive and engaged governors and parents and
• participate in an excellent programme of further professional development.
These posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
These vacancies are suitable for post share
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Please return completed application forms to Mrs Elizabeth Beevers (Headteacher) with a letter of application(two sides of A4) addressing the job requirements in the Person Specification direct to the school by 12 noon on Wednesday 9th December 2020
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available on Friday 11th December
Should you require further details regarding this post please contact Mrs Elizabeth Beevers, Head Teacher.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.