Teacher: £25,714 - £36,961 per annum – Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview.
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2022 subject to budget review.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Y1 teacher to join our team for the remainder of this academic year in the first instance. We are able to accommodate an immediate start to give a sustained period of handover before the existing post holder begins maternity leave.
Mangotsfield C of E Primary School is a happy and vibrant learning community for children and staff alike. We are a larger than average school, with 21 classes and 630 children. Despite our school’s size, belonging and empathy are at the heart of our school values and our community is welcoming and inclusive to all. Our practice is evidence-informed and our staff team work with pace and dedication to move our school forward and to meet the needs of every child and family both now and in preparation for their future.
Mangotsfield is an outstanding school and is also designated as a Teaching School, leading the FCTSHA with our delivery partners. This provides our colleagues with the most up-to-date professional learning and development. We are also a designated English Hub and work closely with our Learning2 partner schools on a continual school improvement journey.
If you would like to embark on the next stage of your career in a forward-thinking, dynamic setting where opportunities to develop your chosen professional pathway are supported and actively encouraged, then this is the post for you.
Do you have:
• Evidence of strong, interactive teaching and a positive track record of the impact of this?
• Knowledge and experience of the KS1 curriculum and the assessment of this?
• Secure knowledge of the teaching of phonics and early reading?
• An understanding of children’s development in KS1 and the pedagogical knowledge to support this development?
• The willingness to go above and beyond for our children and families?
• High expectations of yourself, the children you teach and everyone that you work in a team with?
• The passion, motivation and enthusiasm to be a success?
Teaching in our school affords the opportunity to:
• Work with motivated, articulate and terrific young learners.
• Thrive on the benefits of working in a school with a strong set of Christian values that promote care for each other and excellence for all.
• Work in collaborative teams to plan and deliver an outstanding, bespoke curriculum.
• Work with a supportive senior leadership team who are committed to developing our setting through collaborative and bespoke development opportunities.
• Observe and learn from great colleagues, both within our own school and the schools that we collaborate with.
• Work in partnership with supportive parents, carers and governors.
Visits to our school are welcomed. These will be subject to Covid-19 risk assessment procedures which will be shared with you at the point of booking. Please note that visits will be arranged with limited numbers to ensure safety measures can be adhered to. Allocation will be on a first come, first served bases.
Interviews will be held on Monday 14th February 2022.
Please note that if you have not been called for interview by 5pm on Tuesday 8th February 2022, you have not been successful on this occasion.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018’ were additional disclosure of information will be required.
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th February 2022 at 9am.
Mangotsfield Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.