Y1 Care Assistant (Temporary)
Contract Term: Fixed Term until 23rd July 2020
Salary: GLPC – C, points 4 – 5 (pro rata salary is £6,233.25 based on £18,426 FTE)
Hours: 15 hours per week, term time only (excluding INSET days),
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 12:00pm
Start Date: As soon as possible, to be confirmed with the successful applicant
Job Reference: Care/2020
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and caring individual to take on the role of a Year 1, morning only, Care Assistant, who will support a pupil with a medical need of diabetes.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an aspiring teaching assistant or care assistant to gain experience in an outstanding primary school. The successful candidate will be working under the direction of the Year 1 class teacher and Year 1 Lead TA to support implementing an individual pupil’s health care plan.
The successful candidate does not need to have prior knowledge of this medical condition, just a willingness to attend training, to take direction from the Class Teacher, maintain confidentiality and respect for the pupil and to work as part of an effective team. The role will also include building successful and positive relationships with parents/carers to ensure the child’s medical needs are met on a daily basis.
- The opportunity to join a dedicated staff team where you can make a real difference to our children.
- Opportunities to gain proactive experiences of being in a very successful primary school setting
- Supportive colleagues and senior leaders.
- A proactive and supportive Governing Body.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a childcare or personal care environment is desirable. This can be personal or professional.
- Experience of working in a setting subject to safeguarding and health & safety.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A willingness to learn new skills
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and candidates wishing to visit the school beforehand should telephone school or email to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: 10 am Monday 6th January
Shortlisting: Monday 6th January
Interviews to be held: on the afternoon of Friday 10th January
Old Basford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to behave in such a way that supports this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.