We are looking to appoint a Part time Year 1 teacher, Temporary until July 2020, with the potential for the post to become permanent thereafter.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated class teacher wishing to join our happy and enthusiastic Year 1 team.
This post is offered initially as a 0.6 jobshare for 3 days a week. From March 2020 there is the opportunity if desired to work full time as the job share partner is taking maternity leave.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged prior to application. Please call 0116-2625422 and ask to speak to Melanie Badelek.
Catherine Infant School is large, friendly, inner city Infant school. We strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
What Ofsted say:
“Catherine Infant School is a vibrant, welcoming school and its motto states ‘We are all stars.’ You and your staff work hard to ensure that the pupils rightly believe that they are.” July 2018
In a recent parent view survey, 100% of parents stated that they would recommend this school to other parents.
Catherine Infant School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated teacher to work within our happy year 1 team. The successful candidate will work as a job share partner to provide an outstanding level of education, care and nurture .
The successful candidate will work cooperatively with the year 1 team, planning the work programme and delivering this to the children whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of each child is paramount. The role will also involve developing strategies for children with additional needs in conjunction with the SENCo, whilst encouraging and promoting inclusivity for all children.
- have a thorough understanding of the National Curriculum
- have experience of Read Write Inc, Mastery Maths and Pie Corbett “Talk For Writing” or be enthusiastic to develop their knowledge in these areas.
- a desire to ensure that all children make excellent progress in their learning
- be a team player, willing to contribute and work collaboratively within a friendly year group team and key stage.
- be flexible and adaptable to suit the needs of the school.
What we can offer you:
- excellent working facilities in an inspirational environment.
- opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- a supportive network of Year group, Key stage and Senior leaders
- delightful children and families
Catherine Infant School supports flexible working. This position is offered on the Main Pay Scale
Closing date for applications: 2.12.19 10.00am
Short listing 2.12.19
Interviews to be held: 6.12.19
Catherine Infant School takes safeguarding our children and staff very seriously. Before an offer of employment is made references are sought and all successful candidates will undergo DBS checks.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.