A vacancy has arisen in a year 1 class for a full time teacher from 1st January 2021 for 2 terms, until the end of the academic year, with a possibility of it becoming permanent. Shaw Ridge is a popular and successful primary school in West Swindon with superb facilities and a supportive staff committed to developing a love of learning so that each individual can make a real difference to themselves, other people and the world around them.
We are seeking someone who:
We can offer:
- has energy, determination and self motivation.
- has a commitment to pupil progress.
- has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- will create an inspiring classroom environment.
- works well with a team and shares our caring ethos.
- is able to motivate children to become confident, independent learners.
- Welcoming well-behaved talented children who work with enthusiasm.
- A dedicated staff who are passionate about building on our existing good practise.
- Well established and effective links with schools within our collaborative trust.
- A range of personalised CPD opportunities.
- A supportive and experienced Key Stage and planning team.
Shaw Ridge Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearances and references, which will be obtained prior to appointment. Proof of right to work in the UK will be required at the time of interview. Staff must work in accordance with the South West Child Protection procedures and Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy, and understand their role within that Policy.
Further details may be requested by telephone or email, from Shaw Ridge Primary School, Ridge Green, Shaw, Swindon SN5 5PU.
We actively encourage visits to our school where our head teacher will be delighted to take interested candidates around. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
Hard copy or email applications are acceptable, but must be on a school application form. CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 3rd November
Interview date: w/c 9th November
Shaw Ridge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.