Thorpe Primary School, Wakefield require a Year 2 Class Teacher starting on 4th January 2021Year 2 Class Teacher
Thorpe Primary School is seeking to appoint an outstanding class teacher to join our dedicated and talented team.
The position is to cover maternity leave and would be a temporary contract, for two terms, in the first instance.
It is a really exciting time to join our school and we are looking for an outstanding teacher to motivate and inspire our children to help them make the best possible progress.
Situated in south Leeds, close to Middleton and East Ardsley, we are a growing primary school with an experienced and vibrant staff! We have high expectations of ourselves and our children and we have high aspirations for their futures. We are committed to ensuring the best outcomes for all of our children and are looking for a hardworking and talented teacher to join our happy, well-supported staff and school community
We are looking for someone who:
• is a great Year 2 teacher
• is creative in their approach to teaching and delivering the curriculum
• has high expectations of the children
• can work well as part of a team
• is enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting
• ideally has experience of Year 2 SATs
In return, Thorpe can provide:
• a vibrant working environment with enthusiastic children
• a friendly, extremely hardworking team of teachers and support staff
• support and quality CPD opportunities from colleagues, phase leaders and senior staff
• PPA time
• fantastic school grounds
Visits to the school are encouraged. If you are interested, please contact Deborah Park , Headteacher
Closing date: Monday 30th November at 12 noon. Please email applications to Sam Weston, Business Manager. Shortlisting will take place on the same day. Interview date: Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Thorpe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.