The governors of Southwold Primary and Early Years’ Centre are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner for a maternity cover. This will be a fixed term, part-time (3 days), contract for at least two terms.
We are looking for a teacher who can join our Key Stage One team to teach in Year 2. They will need to be able to take over from the excellent current teacher and lead children to success in their learning and outcomes.
Southwold Primary is a unique and diverse school, where children love to learn. It is a dynamic and innovative school, where the project-based curriculum ensures children are having memorable learning experiences that impact on their engagement and progress. We have an allotment and an art studio; we are artists and musicians, technicians, athletes and scientists. We also have a school dog called Stan who loves to support the children’s reading and wellbeing!
Southwold Primary School and Early Years’ Centre is an average sized primary school with 234 pupils on roll. It is a vibrant, successful and friendly place to work.
80% of pupils are from minority ethnic groups resulting in a culturally diverse school. The number of pupils from homes where English is not the first language is above average. There are currently over 30 first languages other than English spoken by children in the school.
The school is situated on the edges of Radford and Wollaton and we benefit from strong partnerships, including the neighbouring Nottingham University’s Jubilee Campus and the Nottingham Contemporary.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent class teacher, with a proven track record of moving children on in their learning and achieving good outcomes for all
- Be a highly motivated and proactive team player
- Provide support for the emotional, social and personal development of pupils
We can offer you:
- Happy and enthusiastic pupils who are keen and eager to learn within a creative and engaging environment
- Supportive and friendly staff who are committed to high quality teaching and learning to drive all pupil progress, including an excellent, experienced job share partner
- A strong commitment to Continuing Professional Development
Visits to the school are encouraged. We are holding a Covid secure open evening on Thursday 26th November between 3.30pm and 5.30pm. Please contact the school office if you would like to book a slot.
The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to the appointment being made, according to the Local Authority’s policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment