West Leigh Infant School
Temporary Part-Time Yr 2 Classteacher
2 Days a week (Mon and Tues)
From 1st January 2021 – 31st August 2021
Salary – Main Scale
West Leigh Infant School is 2 form entry and is strongly committed to the community it serves. This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a very supportive team dedicated to ‘making a difference’ at an exciting time. Federated with West Leigh Infant School, both schools have been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted and joined the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (a Multi Academy Trust) in February 2018.
Due to an internal restructuring of our Leadership Team, we are keen to appoint a part-time teacher to work alongside an experienced Year group team. This exciting new post will be based at West Leigh Infant School.
We are looking for a temporary Year 2 Class Teacher to join our happy and successful school.
Your experience, qualities and skills will include:
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Commitment to continually seek improvement
- Proven track record in raising attainment and achievement
- Proven experience of successfully managing small teams
- A passion for Key Stage 1
- A very strong understanding of the Key Stage 1 National Curriculum and assessment
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hard working staff
- Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Infant setting and with our Federation partner school, Backwell Church of England Junior School
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Visits are strongly encouraged: Please contact our school office to arrange an after school, socially distanced visit on 01275-463274
The Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Any appointment will be subject to full DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 4th December 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th December 2020
Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.