Part-time, experienced Year 2 class teacher, required for September 2022:
The Queen’s C of E Primary School
Kew, Richmond upon Thames
Part-time, experienced Year 2 class teacher, required for September 2022
Salary: Main pay scale (Outer London)
Contract: 3 days per week (Wed-Fri), permanent.
Start Date: 1st September 2022
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Year 2 practitioner who can continue to develop our strong provision, working as part of a committed, experienced job-share team.
The Queen’s C of E Primary School is a high achieving, highly sought-after, 2FE voluntary aided primary school with motivated pupils, talented, hardworking staff and supportive parents and Governors.
“Pupils behave impeccably in and out of lessons. They take care of one another and thrive on the responsibilities the school provides for them.” (OFSTED 2017)
“The school goes to great lengths to integrate all children with Christian love and care. They know ‘everyone has their own special talent’ and that teachers work hard to make their school ‘a unique and happy place’ offering exciting and creative opportunities.” (SIAMS 2016)
We are looking for someone who is:
• Dedicated to giving our year 2 pupils a stimulating and nurturing time at school
• Committed to developing our year 2 provision
• A good knowledge of the year 2 curriculum, phonics and early reading
• Committed to raising attainment through creative and innovative teaching
• Able to inspire, motivate and challenge the potential of all in our school community
• An enthusiastic, energetic and flexible team member
• Able to work effectively and collaboratively in shared pursuit of the goals of the school
• Able to embody the Christian values of the school of Love, Compassion and Respect, and motivated by supporting the well-being of every child.
In return we offer:
• A happy, motivating, school environment in which the hard work and commitment of colleagues is highly valued
• Happy and caring children who are keen to learn
• Support and enthusiasm from all in our school community
• A commitment to personal professional development
• A rewarding and varied job with potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a high performing team
We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are under-represented in our workforce at present.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please complete the attached application form and email the school.
Applications will only be accepted on this application form.
Please note that your personal statement should not exceed 1,000 words.
Closing date: Friday 3rd June 2022
Interviews Week of 6th June 2022
The Queen's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offers made will be conditional upon to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the UK.