Year 2 Class Teacher
Contract Type: Specific purpose - maternity cover
Salary: Main pay scale (Outer London)
Start Date: 2nd November 2020
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding class teacher to provide maternity cover for Year 2, who can continue to build on the excellent progress the class is making.
The Queen’s C of E Primary School is a high achieving, highly sought after voluntary aided primary school with motivated pupils, talented, hardworking staff and supportive parents and Governors.
“Pupils behave impeccably in and out of lessons. They take care of one another and thrive on the responsibilities the school provides for them.” (OFSTED 2017)
“The school goes to great lengths to integrate all children with Christian love and care. They know ‘everyone has their own special talent’ and that teachers work hard to make their school ‘a unique and happy place’ offering exciting and creative opportunities.” (SIAMS 2016)
Visits are welcomed, after school, from Monday 21st September. Please contact the school office to arrange this. We ask all adult visitors to wear face coverings on site.
We are looking for practitioners who are:
• Committed to raising attainment through creative and innovative teaching
• Able to inspire, motivate and challenge the potential of all in our school community
• Enthusiastic, energetic and flexible team members
• Able to work effectively and collaboratively in shared pursuit of the goals of the school
• Embodying the Christian values of the school of Love, Compassion and Respect, and are motivated by supporting the well-being of every child
In return we offer:
• A happy, motivating school environment in which the hard work and commitment of colleagues is highly valued
• Happy and caring children who are keen to learn
• Support and enthusiasm from all in our school community
• A commitment to personal professional development
• A rewarding and varied job with potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a high performing team
We particularly welcome applications from Black And Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are under-represented in our workforce at present.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please complete the attached application form and email the school.
Applications will only be accepted on this application form.
Please note that your personal statement should not exceed 1,000 words.
Address: The Queen’s C of E Primary School, Cumberland Road, Kew, Richmond, TW9 3HJ
Application Closing Date: Noon on Wednesday 30th September 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd October 2020
The Queen's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the EU.