Year 2 Teacher
Start date: 4th January 2021
Contract: Full-Time & Permanent
Hours: 1.0 FTE
Salary: Main Scale
Subject/Key Stage: Key Stage One
We are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding, experienced and creative Year 2 teacher to teach full-time within our Key Stage One department.
The post is a great opportunity for somebody to help us further develop a great and inspirational school for the local Meadows community. We are delighted that Ofsted (March 2020) reported that Greenfields is a “good school with many outstanding features.”
Greenfields is proud to serve a rich multi-ethnic community and offers exciting challenges. It has also been recently awarded the Food for Life Gold Award for its commitment to outside and food education and also the Wellbeing for Schools Award.
We have very high expectations of our pupils’ achievement, work together on developing the curriculum and value the support of parents and the local community.
The post has an additional responsibility for organising the school’s outside education provision. This would involve working with the Curriculum Co-ordinator, developing outside learning across the school, liaising with our Forest Schools teachers and gardener.
We are looking for someone who:
• is a great Year 2 teacher
• is creative in their approach to teaching and delivering the curriculum
• has high expectations of the children
• can work well as part of a team
• is enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting
• ideally has experience of Year 2 SATs
• has experience and knowledge of learning outside the classroom
In return, Greenfields can provide:
• a vibrant working environment with enthusiastic children
• a friendly, extremely hardworking team of teachers and support staff
• support and quality CPD opportunities from colleagues, phase leaders, senior staff and the Nottingham Schools Trust
• joint planning and support from within the KS1 team
• PPA time
• fantastic school grounds
• a strong commitment to early years, child-centred education, outside education and inclusion.
Visits to the school are encouraged. If you are interested, please contact Terry Smith, Headteacher, on 0115-9153762
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to appointment.
CLOSING DATE : Friday 9th October 2020 at 12:00 noon
Please note that all vacancies close at 12 noon on the closing date unless otherwise stated.