Year 2 Teacher
Required from 1st September 2021
We are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding, experienced and creative Year 2 teacher to teach full-time within our Key Stage One department.
The post is a great opportunity for somebody to help us further develop a great and inspirational school for the local Meadows community. We are delighted that Ofsted (March 2020) reported that Greenfields is a “good school with many outstanding features.”
Greenfields is proud to serve a rich multi-ethnic community and offers exciting challenges. It has also been awarded the Food for Life Gold Award for its commitment to outside and food education and also the Wellbeing for Schools Award.
We have very high expectations of our pupils’ achievement, work together on developing the curriculum and value the support of parents and the local community.
We would like to appoint somebody who would be able to organise the school’s outside education provision. This would involve working with the Curriculum Co-ordinator, developing outside learning across the school, liaising with our Forest Schools teachers and gardener. (This part of the role would not be appropriate for NQTs.)
We are looking for someone who:
- is a great Year 2 teacher
- is creative in their approach to teaching and delivering the curriculum
- has high expectations of the children
- can work well as part of a team
- is enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting
- ideally has experience of Year 2 SATs
- has experience and knowledge of learning outside the classroom
In return, Greenfields can provide:
- a vibrant working environment with enthusiastic children
- a friendly, extremely hardworking team of teachers and support staff
- support and quality CPD opportunities from colleagues, phase leaders, senior staff and the Nottingham Schools Trust
- joint planning and support from within the KS1 team
- PPA time
- fantastic school grounds
- a strong commitment to early years, child-centred education, outside education and inclusion.
Visits to the school are encouraged, although obviously in a Covid-secure manner. If you are interested, please contact Terry Smith, Headteacher, on the above phone number.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to appointment.
CLOSING DATE : Friday 7th May 2021 at 12:00 noon