School Name: St Ann’s Well Academy
Post Title: Year 2 Teacher (and English Curriculum Lead for suitably experienced teacher)
Start Date: for Post 4th January 2022
Contract Type: Temporary
Term of Contract (if not permanent) and reason why it is temporary/fixed term: Maternity Cover from January 2022 to the end of September 2022
Hours: Monday to Thursday (4 days per week)
Salary: Main Scale
Other Allowances e.g. TLR/SEN: TLR 2 – depending on suitability of candidate.
Subject/Key Stage: Key Stage 1 (Year 2)
St Ann’s Well Academy requires a temporary Year 2 Teacher to cover maternity leave.
This position can come with a TLR for English, however, the primary need is for an outstanding class teacher, so don’t let this put you off applying.
St Ann’s Well is a lively, multi-cultural, inner-city school, dedicated to attaining high standards for its pupils.
St Ann’s Well is part of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust which is a dynamic cluster of schools committed to working collaboratively to deliver the best outcomes for all children.
We are looking for a talented practitioner who:-
- has experience of the Year 2 curriculum and the statutory assessment;
- is an outstanding classroom teacher;
- has high expectations of pupil progress;
- is an excellent team player;
- is well organised and can communicate effectively.
Candidates with previous experience of leading a subject successfully –
We are looking for a subject leader for English who:
- will be part of the SLT;
- will plan and deliver regular English CPD;
- has a sound understanding of effective teaching and learning in English across KS1 and KS2;
- will support the embedding of current English pedagogical approaches.
In return the successful candidate will:-
- be a member of a dynamic team of professionals;
- be supported through L.E.A.D.’s high quality training and coaching;
- be part of a forward thinking academy.
If you would like to visit St Ann’s Well Academy please telephone school on O115 9155808 for an appointment.
Closing date: Friday, 5th November 2021
Please note that all vacancies close at 12 noon on the closing date unless otherwise stated.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced CRB check. CVs are not accepted.