Dovecote Primary school is a popular, fully inclusive, two form entry, city school with a fantastic outdoor environment and plenty of opportunities for outdoor learning. Dovecote was judged to be ‘good’ in all areas in March 2019 and we are committed to continue to develop and improve positive outcomes for all our pupils.
At Dovecote, children are at the heart of everything we do. Our philosophy of ensuring the wellbeing of all our pupils extends to our staff and the whole school community. The Jigsaw programme is at the heart of our whole school PHSE provision. Gardening, Spanish and professional music tuition are part of our curriculum for all pupils. We have a world class school library and provide a book led curriculum. We know that families who join us quickly feel at home and enjoy learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent class teacher, with a proven track record of moving children on in their learning and achieving good outcomes for all.
- Be a highly motivated team player who is able and willing to share their expertise with colleagues.
- Provide support for the emotional, social and personal development of pupils to complement their academic progress.
We can offer you:
- Lively, enthusiastic pupils who are keen and eager to learn
- Supportive and enthusiastic staff who are keen to continue to improve and sustain the development of learning and teaching at Dovecote.
- An environment where high quality learning and teaching secures strong outcomes for children.
- A strong commitment to CPD
If our offer is what you are looking for and you feel you have the necessary skills to contribute to our continuing school improvement journey, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 12.00 midday
Interviews held w/c 8th December
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced CRB will be required.
Our school procedures for safeguarding children will be in line with The Nottingham Safeguarding Children’s Board Procedures, and “Working Together to Safeguard Children”.