KS2 Class Teacher
Contract Term: Temporary (1 year September 2021 – August 2022)
Salary: Main Pay Range 2-6 (£27,600 - £36,961) pro rata
Hours: 21 hours per week (0.66 FTE) (Part-time: Wed – Fri)
The governors wish to appoint an excellent primary practitioner who will work in our KS2 in Year 3. We are looking to appoint an excellent primary practitioner to join our wonderful school. Experience of working in KS2 would be an advantage.
What Yatton can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic, established staff team who are committed to providing the very best opportunities for our children.
- Permission to be a creative teacher to inspire our children to be the best of learners.
- Become part of our Yatton family of two schools; an inclusive, vibrant and happy environment.
- Friendly and confident children who enjoy challenge and creativity. ‘We want to grow, celebrate and make a difference’ John 10:10.
- A school firmly committed to reducing teacher workload particularly in the key areas of marking, assessment and planning so that teachers can focus on teaching.
- High quality CPD opportunities in all areas of the curriculum.
Yatton Church of England Junior School is a member of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership. We are a large junior school which is part of the Yatton soft federation with Yatton Voluntary Controlled Infant school. We are a rural school in the expanding village of Yatton. We are currently a three form entry school and with our infants have over 550 children and families. Despite our size, our Christian values and school ethos results in a ‘small school feel’, we know our children extremely well and treat them with respect, as unique individuals and provide our children with a caring and nurturing environment. We want every child to develop our Yatton Learner skills so they can flourish as life-long learners.
We are looking a teacher who is:
- Passionate about making a difference to all children;
- Able to create exceptional, challenging learning experiences for our children so that we ensure the best provision for all;
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with a commitment to their own professional development;
- An effective team member who is able to work closely with colleagues and keen to help us establish our vision for excellence;
- Willing to take on leadership of a curriculum area and help us ensure exceptional delivery of our exciting curriculum;
- A positive person who enjoys working in an environment where we are aiming to develop and improve;
- Resilient and enjoy celebrating success amongst children and staff;
- Someone with recent experience of working successfully in primary school.
Visits to the school are welcomed warmly. Please telephone to arrange an appointment on 01934-833554.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 12pm (Noon)
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd July 2021
Yatton Church of England Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity. As part of our interview process candidates will be expected to bring pupil’s books/learning to show and discuss learning over time.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
Yatton Schools Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.