Full- time year 3 class teacher vacancy
Maternity fixed term contract
Main Pay Scale/ UPS post
Required for Monday 29th November 2021 onwards (start date negotiable dependent upon candidates notice period).
Unlocking Every Child’s Potential
We have an exciting opportunity for a teacher who is attracted to the challenges and opportunities that working as part of the Hunslet Moor community brings. Hunslet Moor Primary School is located a short distance from Leeds city centre and draws from a unique and culturally diverse community. Our children are keen to learn, showing genuine enthusiasm and spirit.
Due to one of year 3 teachers taking maternity leave, we are inviting applications from candidates who would like to work within our key stage two team, through taking up the position of a year 3 class teacher. This is a fixed term contract position for one year (or until the post holder returns).
We have a proven track record of supporting teachers at different stages of their career. Therefore, we welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers alike. For experienced teachers, subject leadership can be tailored to the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Please ensure you state your specific strengths and expertise clearly in your application.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• Innovative and highly motivated to inspire, enthuse and challenge children.
• Proven to have high expectations for behaviour, achievement and progress, with a real commitment to inclusion.
• Dedicated to their own development and that of others, with a drive to ensure all children achieve their full potential.
• Has a desire to work as a proactive and co-operative team member.
• Excited to join a supportive, positive and forward thinking team, who strive to improve the quality of education and the opportunities we can offer our pupils.
• A passion for leading a curriculum subject.
If you wish to be considered for a position on a job-share basis, please clearly indicate this on your application.
We can offer:
• Creative and supportive colleagues who actively promote the vision and aims of the school.
• Exceptional CPD and the real opportunity to further your teaching career, including leadership and management experience.
• Enthusiastic and engaging children who are proud of their school.
• Supportive parents, strong community links and an active and committed governing body.
Please visit the recruitment section of our website where you will find a video tour, further information about the school and including a link to all our policies and further information about our recruitment process including a link to our application form.
If you would like to visit the school/ have a further conversation prior to submitting an application, please email the Office Manager, Kelly Waddington with your contact details and a brief description of your enquiry. (please see how to apply for full details and website link)
Closing date: Wednesday 6th October, 8am.
Shortlisting: Thursday 7th October.
Interviews to take place Wednesday 13th October.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We embed the promotion of British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs into our school and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Hunslet Moor Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.