Want a great job in a great school in a great location?
We’re recruiting for a full time maternity leave cover teacher to work in a Year 3 class from December 6th (or from 4th January 2022 if subject to a contract)
Our school is working closely with The Hargreaves Foundation to create a world class Literacy programme for the brilliant children of Ashcombe Primary School. The Foundation is supporting the school with the resources it needs to ensure its most vulnerable children achieve remarkable outcomes.
Key elements of the project include:
- Staff training, developed with Alex Quigley (author of Closing the Reading Gap), on the best ways to teach Reading
- A stunning, purpose built central Literacy hub in the heart of our school to encompass a library, performance areas and work spaces
- Investment in high quality reading material in our classrooms
- A programme of authors and writer visits to excite and inspire
- Investment in group and individual Reading interventions
- Bespoke SEN interventions such as speech and language therapy
- High quality Wave 3 interventions for those with the highest need (eg. mentoring, family out reach, etc)
- Development of sensory and intervention rooms
We’re looking for a colleague to work in one of our Year 3 classes while the substantive teacher is on maternity leave.
We work hard at Ashcombe, but only on the things that make a difference: we don’t do meaningless paperwork; we don’t grade lessons or monitor your planning. Instead of marking we give feedback in lessons. We offer staff an enhanced PPA entitlement and a focus on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We enjoy high standards of pupil behaviour and our pupils are intensely proud of their school. We are always trying to find smarter ways to do our work.
We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives, people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. This means our working relationships can be relatively relaxed and informal. People love working here; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and forward looking.
You will be joining a three form entry school with an inclusive ethos based in the sea side town of Weston-super-Mare. We work together to foster children who are compassionate, respectful, happy, tolerant, curious and collaborative as well as academically successful.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has a proven record of success as a class teacher and expertise in empowering children to make rapid progress.
- Demonstrates optimism about children and expect the highest possible standards
- Nurtures pupils’ emotional wellbeing
We offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be part of a ground-breaking Literacy project that will change childrens’ lives
- Really high rates of TA, SEN LSA, learning mentor and specialist classroom support
- Sensible and successful systems, based on research, with a commitment to reduce workload where ever possible
- An enhanced PPA offer
- A positive, warm and welcoming working environment
- Experienced, intelligent, lively colleagues
- Family-friendly working practices
- A fantastic location with great transport links
- A strong emphasis on professional learning and teacher development
- A commitment to evidence based practice
- Support and professional development opportunities alongside staff from our Trust family of schools
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. However, I’d be happy to chat with you on a video call if that’s easier and this can be arranged via the school office.
Our school’s Facebook page and Twitter feeds (@schoolashcombe) and website give you a good ‘shop window’ peek into what it might be like to work here
Our school enjoys a good reputation, so do ask around or speak to any of the staff here if you’d like.
Ashcombe is part of the Kaleidoscope Multi Academy Trust which includes Becket, Christ Church, Hutton, St Martins, Crockerne and Worle Village schools. As part of this arrangement you may be required to work at one of these schools or any additional school that may join the MAT in the future as business dictates.
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 8th October
Interviews: Monday 18th October
Ashcombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment. We welcome applications from all section of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Ashcombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.