Year 4 Class Teacher Maternity Contract from 14.3.22
(Mainscale 1- 6)
St Peter’s is a 630 place primary with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings.
It is an exciting, and dynamic place to work and is a lead school for professional development, National English Hub and part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
St Peter’s is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos. We were judged to be ‘Excellent’ in our last SIAMs (church school) inspection in February 2020. We have a well-embedded vision, pedagogy and curriculum and are seeking to appoint an excellent class teacher to join our team. We have high expectations of all members of our school community and seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality by providing an exceptional programme of CPD and a supportive environment in which all practitioners can reflect, develop and flourish.
This post is to cover a maternity leave from 14th March 2022 until 14th March 2023 or sooner if the post holder returns.
We are looking a teacher who:
- Is able to build strong and positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Is passionate about making a difference to all children and keen to support us in embedding our vision for excellence;
- Is an effective team member who is able to work closely with colleagues to implement our school vision, values and curriculum;
- Is able to create exceptional, challenging learning experiences for our children so that we ensure the best provision for all;
- Is enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated with a commitment to progress their career in teaching;
- Is positive and resilient and enjoys celebrating success amongst children and staff;
- Has some experience of KS2 practice.
Please look at our website where you will be able to get a flavour of what it is like at St Peter’s. Further details of the post, and application packs, are available in the vacancies section of our website.
We warmly welcome, and encourage, visits to the school. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact our welcome desk on 01275-843142 to make an appointment.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 28th January 2022
Shortlisting: 28th January 2022
Interviews: Thursday 3rd February
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of a DBS and disqualification check, two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
St Peter's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.