We are looking for an experienced, full-time Year 5 Teacher to join the Thorpe Lea team in September and currently expect this cover to be required until 31st August 2022
We are a small, caring and lively Primary School and Nursery with happy, enthusiastic and loyal pupils.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an excellent, experienced KS2 teacher who has high expectations for all children
- Be inspirational, creative and enthusiastic to make learning 'come alive' and be purposeful, challenging and fun for the children
- Be dedicated to raising achievement, attainment and aspirations
- Have effective and efficient organisational skills with a good work life balance
- Be able to work as part of a team but also be self-motivated to work independently
- Have a great sense of humour
We can offer:
- Well behaved, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- A school committed to empowering children to become life-long learners
- A commitment to on-going professional development including subject leadership
- Supportive parents with a strong sense of community
- A dedicated staff team who are committed to supporting each other
Please see attached Job Description for more information.
We are an inclusive school where staff work hard to develop the creative aspects of the curriculum and are committed to excellence, enjoyment and fun.
Please contact the school office to arrange a school visit to see just how special our children are and to meet our team.
Closing date is 23rd April 2021.
Interviews will be on receipt of successful applications. We reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time once a suitable candidate is found.
Please complete the application form in full ensuring that any gaps in education and work history are accounted for and also that full contact details are included for your referees.
'A dedicated community working together, nurturing a safe, happy school, where all children can achieve their potential.'
Thorpe Lea Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people so expect all staff and volunteers, as well as those who work on the premises, to share this commitment.
As part of our safeguarding commitment, appointment to any post is subject to various checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.