Would you like to work at our Outstanding, village primary school}?
At Burton-On-The-Wolds Primary School, we are looking for a passionate Year 5 class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. The contract is to cover maternity leave for the Spring and Summer term 2021. However, this may be made permanent in the Autumn term 2021.
WHY CHOOSE US
Burton-On-The-Wolds Primary School is an outstanding primary school based in the village of Burton-on-the-Wolds, Loughborough. Our school is set in a stunning rural location which is well-connected to Loughborough, Leicester and Nottingham. You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers and support staff, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We pride ourselves on excellent pupil behaviour/ our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity and our high quality broad and balanced curriculum which results in positive, high standards for pupils of all abilities. Indeed, we are one of the top ten primary schools nationally for academic attainment and progress! Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and strive to support each other at all times.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Main scale or UPS salary.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Find out more on our School Career site
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment (the post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance).