Required for January 2021
Starting Salary: MS2 – MS5
The Governors of this forward thinking Catholic Primary School, wish to appoint a Year 5 Class Teacher; to join our friendly, supportive and enthusiastic team.
The mission of the school, following the words of St. John Henry Newman, ‘Shine as to be a light to others,’ is known and understood by pupils, staff and governors. It directs their thoughts and actions in all areas of school life.
Section 48 Inspection, July 2019
Pupils are keen enthusiastic learners. They are polite, respectful and welcoming to all.
Pupils say they feel happy, safe and are well looked after.
Ofsted, November, 2018
Closing Date: Friday 27th November 2020
Lesson Observations at Oratory: w/c Monday 30th November
Interviews: w/c Monday 30th November
The Governors are now looking to recruit a proactive, effective and dedicated teacher with a passion for teaching and learning; with high expectations who is able to motivate our children to make good progress in addition to contributing to the continued strategic improvement of this very popular, one form entry school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will share in our inclusive vision and understand the importance of the Faith in the life of our school.
- Will work effectively with our School Chaplains and RE team in the Sacramental preparation of our children.
- Is committed to keeping our children safe.
- Is an outstanding and inspirational classroom practitioner who has high expectations of children’s learning, behaviour and manners.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of what constitutes high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Has a proven track record in relation to positive outcomes relating to pupil well-being, self-esteem, progress and attainment.
- Has an unrelenting drive to raise standards.
- Possesses a good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective when faced with challenging situations.
- Can work effectively in partnership with the head teacher, staff, governors, children, parents, carers and the wider community.
Are YOU that special person we are looking for?
Informal visits to the school are most welcome.
The Oratory RC Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Therefore, all appointments made will be subject to suitable references, evidence of identity and receipt of an enhanced DBS disclosure.