1 x Year 5/6 Class Teacher (Base Leader)
32.5 (Full Time) Permanent
UPS 1 to 3
This post will commence on Wednesday 1st September 2021.
St John the Evangelist Church School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and talented teacher to join our dedicated and caring team in Year 5/6. Ideally, the successful applicant will have a proven record of accomplishment as an excellent class teacher and will motivate and inspire children and colleagues to reach their full potential. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who will manage the day-to-day running of our upper Key Stage 2 Base, and who is keen to drive school performance and improvement as part of the school’s Senior Leadership Team.
We are a good school, striving for excellence and have a strong Christian ethos. We are a committed and supportive team who aim to ensure the very best for every child in our care. At St John the Evangelist Church School, our mission extends to every member of our school community. We want everyone to be able to demonstrate Love for one another; to ensure everyone has the opportunity to Learn to the best of their ability: and that by working Together, We Soar to reach our greatest potential, both in our learning and in our capacity to be the best person we can be. We place great importance on nurturing and caring for all members of our school community and actively seek to promote and provide wellbeing for all.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to provide exciting, creative and challenging learning experiences with high expectations of enjoyment, achievement and behaviour. They will bring their ability to inspire and promote excellence and a genuine desire to ensure the very best for every child.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is passionate about working with children and their families.
- Is extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to teaching and learning.
- Is committed to high quality teaching and learning and has high expectations which ensure the best possible outcomes for every child in their care.
- Will create a high-quality, stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment.
- Has experience of leading a team and/or experience of managing an aspect of school/subject management.
- Will work effectively within our hardworking, talented and friendly staff team.
- Will support and embrace the Christian ethos of our school.
- Has a clear understanding of safeguarding procedures and a strong desire to keep children safe in our community.
We can offer you:
- A caring, supportive school ethos.
- The opportunity to be part of a leadership team dedicated to providing the very best for children, staff and parents.
- Motivated, caring and enthusiastic children who love learning and enjoy participating in all aspects of school life.
- A hardworking, friendly, supportive and nurturing staff team.
- A supportive and encouraging school community of parents, carers, governors and BWMAT team.
- A totally inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Excellent resources and facilities.
- A commitment to supporting wellbeing and excellent opportunities for professional development.
- The opportunity to work effectively with other schools within our hub, our Trust and local area.
Full details about the school and this role can be found in the accompanying application pack.
We would encourage all prospective candidates to make an appointment to meet the headteacher and discuss the role further. This can be done in person, at the school (outside of directed teaching time) or virtually if preferred. If you would like to arrange a visit or you would like to discuss the role with the head teacher, please contact us via email. Contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application addressed to the School Business Manager, Mrs Julie Rawlinson and submitted online.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April 2021 at 12:00 (Noon).
Shortlisting: Thursday 22nd April 2021. (Shortlisted candidates will be informed no later than end of day on Thursday 22nd April 2021. If you do not hear from us, please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.)
Interview date: Thursday 29th April 2021.
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
St John The Evangelist Church School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.