Year 6 Class Teacher & Year Group Leader - not suitable for NQT's
Preston Park is looking for an experienced and exceptional Year 6 Class teacher & Year Group Leader to join our vibrant school, starting in January 2022.
Salary: MPS-UPS £32,157.00 - £50,935.00 (or equivalent pay scale taking into account pay scale for 2021-2022)
Start Date: January 2022
Preston Park is a thriving three form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston Park we are proud to educate children from all over the world and strive to ensure that all children are ‘Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park. We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners. Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area.
Preston Park are working towards becoming a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths. Preston Park’s approach to learning is through a creative curriculum and the school has specialist teachers in Science, Music and Art who provide PPA cover to our teachers.
We are looking for a creative, committed and outstanding Year 6 class teacher and year group leader to join our successful year six team. We guarantee an outstanding work environment and superb resources.
What we can offer:
• Programme of bespoke professional development
• Inner London salary, on-site parking and good transport links
• Support and challenge by leaders at all levels
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Dynamic learning climate with a warm friendly feel
Please come to visit us – we look forward to meeting you
The successful candidate will be:
• Highly skilled in delivering the new primary curriculum
• Highly knowledgeable on how children learn
• Innovative, passionate about teaching and with a ‘can do’ attitude
• A consistently Good and Outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations (no excuses) of accelerated progress
• A team player with energy, stamina and lots of creativity and fresh ideas
• Resilient and able to hit the ground running
• Skilled to effectively teach children for whom English is an additional language
We are seeking individuals who have a degree or equivalent and a teaching qualification/QTS
Visits to the school are welcome, please call Jayashri Varsani on the school telephone number to arrange your visit.
Application Process: Completed application forms (CV's cannot be accepted) to be emailed to the school or posted back to the school.
Closing Date: ongoing until a successful candidate is appointed
Interviews: candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed, as and when successfully shortlisted. This is to try and ensure that we have appointed before the October teachers resignation date.
Preston Park is a Safeguarding School committed to promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Preston Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)