Oliver Tomkins CE VA School is a happy and vibrant school, with pupils who are respectful and show genuine delight in each other’s achievements. We offer small class sizes and the opportunity to become part of a fun, dedicated and supportive team , children who demonstrate good motivation and a curriculum that provides memorable experiences.
We are seeking a part time year 6 teacher to work alongside our experienced Year 6 teacher from October half term 2020 to cover a maternity leave.
We are seeking a teacher who:-
- Is committed to facilitating learning through a creative cross-curricular approach.
- Has high expectations of learning & behaviour
- Has energy, determination and self motivation
- Will ensure good progress of all learners
- Will create an inspiring classroom environment
- Has excellent classroom organisation & management skills.
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Has a sense of humour and fun.
We are offering:-
- The opportunity to work with a strong, supportive, creative and dedicated team.
- Many and varied opportunities for career development.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s lives.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and 3 satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please do come and meet some of the staff and our children to see for yourself. Please contact to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our school website.
Oliver Tomkins Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.