Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you really want to make a difference? Then we could be what you have been looking for. Akaal Primary School needs an inspirational, experienced Year 6 teacher to join our fabulous team in our brand new school.
Akaal Primary School is a Sikh Faith Designated school, opened under the Free School programme in 2015. We moved into our brand new 2FE, purpose built school in September 2018.
In September 2020 we will open our first ever Year 6 class, in a brand new classroom, offering an excellent opportunity for you to establish and lead our final year group. As this will be our first set of KS2 data we are looking for someone who has relevant and successful experience in year 6 and with managing KS2 SATs. It is important that our children are ready for this important assessment period, but, for us, it is equally important that they have a rounded and fulfilling final year at Primary school. If you feel that you could rise to this challenge, then we would welcome your application.
The role will include the following elements:
- be the FT Year 6 class teacher
- provide quality mastery and greater depth learning opportunities to ensure all pupils achieve their full potential. Believe that every child in our school can, and will, succeed
- create inspiring and engaging thematic curriculum planning, based on our 'Mission' approach
- inspire colleagues through curriculum leadership and teaching
- nurture pupils new to the school/country
- be responsible for our first set of KS2 results
- ensure pupils are ready to move onto their secondary education
In addition to the new school building we also have our own Forest School, allotment and spacious school grounds. We have close links with the Singh Sabha Gurdwara and hold good human values central to everything we do.
To work as part of our team you should share our core values of:
- individual and collective welfare
- service beyond self
You will need to have an enthusiastic and positive approach to school life; want to work in a school at the heart of the community and cultivate relationships with local families; have a strong ethos of service and the desire to work collaboratively; embrace stage appropriate CPD and have a interest in education research; be a positive member of the Akaal family and have the drive to help create an outstanding school.
We will offer you:
- a happy and supportive working environment with the highest expectations of pupil and teacher performance
- support through our appraisal and well-being approaches
- a purpose built learning environment with high quality teaching resources and bespoke learning spaces
- opportunities for advanced leadership as the school grows
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a school that is developing, growing, establishing its reputation and drawing on best practice to provide an outstanding education experience for all children.
Salary Range: MS3 - UPS 2 (depending on experience). All teachers will be part of the Teachers Pension Scheme.
Please apply using the eteach portal or in hard copy to: Mrs J Fellowes, Akaal Primary School, Grange Avenue, Derby, DE23 8DG
Visits to school are welcomed. We will also be holding an information meeting about our school on Tuesday 21st January at 6pm. This will be hosted by the Headteacher and teaching staff who would welcome the opportunity to show you around the school, share their experiences, and answer any of your questions.
Application deadline: Monday 27th January (midday) Shortlisting: by Friday 31st January. School visits will be made to candidates who are shortlisted.
Interviews: W/B 24th February
Akaal Academy Trust Derby is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding children. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and other employment checks.
Akaal Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.