Job Title: Year 6 teacher 2 days a week for 2.5 terms Temporary post
Salary/wage: M1 to M6 subject to experience
Contracted hours: 11 hours for 2.5 terms
Work Pattern: Part Time (0.4)
Contract Type: Temporary for 2.5 terms- 2nd November 2020 to August 30th 2021
Age range: 5 to 11yr olds.
We are looking to appoint a Year 6 teacher who will initially work Thursday and Friday with the possibility of extending this to include Wednesdays. Coppice Farm Primary School is a friendly, successful school with committed and supportive staff and school community. Inspected in January 2019, all aspects were judged as Good and we continue to work hard and diligently to provide the best for our pupils. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, engaging and focused teacher who will share our school ethos of providing excellent teaching and learning.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse school where the children are eager to learn
- To be part of a happy and dedicated staff team
- To join a strong network of schools in our teaching alliance.
- To work alongside strong and talented support staff.
- To be supported by a committed governing body.
The post arises due to the extension of our Deputy Head Teacher’s non- teaching time for next year.
About The Role
- We are looking to appoint a motivated, out-going Primary teacher who will bring energy and enthusiasm into the classroom in order to inspire and motivate pupils
- To work alongside the Deputy Head, supported by an excellent teaching assistant you will be joining a successful and strong Year 6 team
- Part time, temporary role for the coming academic year
- To commence November 2020, working Thursday and Friday with the possibility of extending this to include Wednesday
- This role will require you to plan and deliver lessons in Year 6, taking on responsibility for aspects of the Year 6 curriculum
- To be responsible to the Deputy Head Teacher, the Year 6 Lead
- To be proactive and enthusiastic team member, offering children experiences beyond the school day.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a great team and to work with fabulous pupils. Whilst Year 6 experience would be desirable, it is not essential as we are looking for the ‘right’ teacher to join our experienced and passionate Year 6 team. However, experience teaching in Key Stage 2, a sense of fun and a strong work ethic is essential. Working alongside our experienced Deputy Head, an outstanding Year 6 teacher, a strong NQT with year 6 or UKS2 experience would be considered for this post.
If you feel that this post may be for you then please contact the school for an application pack.
Due to COVID-19, visits to school may be possible subject to current guidelines however we would like to direct you to our school website where you can find lots of information about Coppice Farm. Please contact Ms Julie Welch via email at the school office address for an application pack– due to the current situation, all questions relating to the post should also be submitted via email.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th September @ 12noon
Shortlisting: 1st October
Interview date: Thursday 8th October - These are likely to be face to face interviews; the school will be guided by government guidance.
Coppice Farm Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.