Would you like to work in a new, purpose built and rapidly expanding primary school in Plymouth’s Ocean City? St Matthew's Cof E Primary & Nursery Academy is seeking to appoint several key leaders to our growing leadership team.
Year Leaders KS1 and KS2 – MPS/UPS with potential accelerated pay progression. You will be responsible for the day to day leadership of a three class year group as well as the strategic leadership and development of a core subject across the entire school. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next steps in year leadership journey through leading a team and impacting on whole school development. Please statement curriculum strengths and preferred key stage in your application.
Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future development of our school as we grow to become a three form entry primary school within a new housing development. As part of St Christopher’s Trust we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for leaders that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference. As a large multi academy trust joining we will be able to support you in achieving your long term career goals and aspirations.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
- The opportunity to work in a brand new school, with spacious grounds within Plymouth’s Ocean city.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 16 schools.
The successful candidate will:
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- High expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
- A commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school.
This role is not suitable for NQTs
St Matthew's CofE Primary & Nursery Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.