We are looking to employ an experienced and certified yoga instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The yoga instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice. You should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of the chakra system and mindful meditation.
To ensure success as a yoga instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
• Conduct and lead yoga classes.
• Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
• Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
• Demonstrate practice and techniques.
• Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
• Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
• Motivate students with words of encouragement.
• Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
• Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga.
• Engage in administrative duties.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Yoga certification with Yoga Alliance.
• Minimum of 200 hours of experience.
• CPR/First Aid certification.
• Education or experience in health and fitness is preferable.
• The art of teaching the Vinyasa Flow.
• Knowledge of the Chakra System, Pranayama, mantra and mindful meditation.
• Business and administration skills.
• Ability to work after-hours, on weekends and public holidays, as needed.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment and hold this responsibility. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE TRUST AND PRINCIPAL
• To adhere to all Academy policies and procedures.
• To participate in any appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents.
• To carry out other duties as may be reasonably required by the Principal
• To support the ethos of the Academy and enforce the Academy behavioral and uniform policies.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive and roles develop organically over time. The post holder will be expected to adapt and carry out such duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the organisation.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the duties as set out in the foregoing.