When you join NCA you also join CMAT, which means we can offer the very best developmental opportunities for every member of staff. Currently NCA staff are working with others in the Trust in many different ways:
· CMAT has regular working parties across schools to develop teaching and learning, specific qualifications and our innovative CMAT pledges system.
· Leaders from all the CMAT schools collaborate to create schemes of work and resources.
· We have a CMAT wide intranet, where dialogue on the development of the Trust is discussed and shared and where internal adverts for positions across the Trust are advertised first.
· NCA staff work across two schools; NCA and the ‘outstanding Swavesey Village College’ (SVC). NCA and SVC has joint leadership of a number of departments and experience from across the age ranges has helped secure better outcomes for pupils.
Continuing Professional Development is vitally important and in the past 18 months staff from NCA have:
· Attended initial teacher training courses (ITT). One member of staff has recently gained QTS and another two members of staff are currently taking a conversion course to teach another subject.
· Attended the ‘Good to Outstanding’ teaching courses through the CTSN (Cambridge Teaching School’s Network).
· Attended specific management training courses. Currently every middle manager is attending at least one middle management course.
· Attended PiXl courses and developmental meetings.
· Two members of staff achieved a fully funded Masters qualification and are using the learning to help secure better pupil outcomes across two schools.
We are also valued members of ‘Whole Education’ and as well as winning the ‘most improved school 2014’ we also host teacher meets with the other CMAT schools as well as other schools within Cambridge City.
Innovation and Research is also important and every member of the teaching staff has a QUILT (Quality in Teaching and Learning) target which, when written up, forms part of the NCA T&L newsletter. The very best research projects go forward for CMAT wide publication.
If you're searching for your next teaching post, why not contact us now? You'll be working at a great school and be part of a friendly, helpful team. We're always interested to hear from enthusiastic, committed teachers - send us your CV now via our School Talent Pool and say what sort of role you're looking for. By joining our School Talent Pool we'll know you're interested in working here when a future vacancy occurs.Join our School Talent Pool now!For more information about School Talent Pools visit www.eteach.com
North Cambridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Arts Mark Gold
North Cambridge Academy
Arbury RoadCambridgeCambridgeshireCB4 2JF
Phase: Secondary Schools
No. of Pupils: 411
Be proactive about working for Schools! Send your CV direct to Schools or register your interest for working in a region and become part of the Talent Pool. It's free and easy to ensure your CV has the maximum exposure to new and upcoming roles.
Thank you for joining eteach, please click below to accept our Terms and Conditions, full T's and C's can be found here: Terms and Conditions.