Required from July 2017
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy, part of the Woodard family of schools, is a thriving 11–18 Academy serving primarily the students of both Lancing and Sompting, though we welcome students from all surrounding areas. We are committed to ensuring that every student is known and nurtured and is provided with teaching and learning experiences that allow them to fulfil their potential.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic linguist (Spanish preferred) to join our MFL team from July 2017. We are seeking someone who will make a positive difference to the education of our students, by inspiring young people’s minds with new ideas and insights into different cultures. NQTs welcome to apply.
The MFL department is housed in our new building with state of the art technology and bright, colourful classrooms; we have a number of excellent ICT based resources to blend with more traditional methods to enthuse a love of languages. GCSE Results have improved from 60% gaining A*-C in 2015, rising to 73% in 2016. MFL teachers are committed to meeting the needs of all students by challenging them to achieve their potential. They are a dynamic team with a strong shared purpose and commitment. The department's educational visits and residential trips are among the most popular at the Academy and enjoyed by students and staff alike.
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner, able to teach MFL across all key stages and who will:-
• demonstrate the skills of a good teacher;
• be able to interest, encourage and engage students;
• provide appropriate levels of challenge so that all students make good progress;
• use methods and resources that enable all students to learn effectively;
• use assessment information effectively to plan the next steps in students learning;
• make effective use of students' time;
• secure high standards of behaviour from students; and
• have a proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of aged 11-18 students (or of successful training for NQTs).
In return we can offer:
• friendly and professional support from a team of specialist MFL teachers and leaders;
• proven student progress over the last two years;
• an inclusive and diverse range of students, aged 11–18 with excellent behaviour;
• an opportunity for career progression;
• a well-structured programme of induction and professional development (NQT)
• fantastic facilities to resource your pedagogy.
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy is a lively, fast-paced, passionate, demanding yet rewarding place to work. If you want to work near Brighton with all its rich cultural opportunities and with a team of people who love what they do and are prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve results, then this may be the place for you. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the life experiences and achievements of our students.
Application Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will also be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check before a start date can be confirmed.
• QTS (qualified teacher status)
• Induction (evidence of completion or exemption, unless NQT); and
• A proven track record of recent and successful class teaching in mixed ability classes of aged 11-18 students (or of successful training for NQTs).
Please download and complete the Equalities Monitoring Form, once complete, please send directly to the Academy.
To email the job:
to a friend please fill in the below form.
Sir Robert Woodard Academy
Upper Boundstone LaneLancingWest SussexBN15 9QZ
No. of Pupils: 1086
Be proactive about working for Schools! Send your CV direct to Schools or register your interest for working in a region and become part of the Talent Pool. It's free and easy to ensure your CV has the maximum exposure to new and upcoming roles.
The page that you are trying to access requires you to log in
If you already have an account, enter your details below:
Thank you for joining eteach, please click below to accept our Terms and Conditions, full T's and C's can be found here: Terms and Conditions.